- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup soy or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 eggs
- ¾ teas salt
- 1/8 teas ground pepper and nutmeg
- ½ cup mach ego cheese, grated
- ½ lb filo dough , found in the frozen food section
- 2 Tablespoons , butter, melted
In a sauté pan cook onion and green onions in oil until soft and caramel colored. Add spinach and wilt the greens about 3-4 minutes. Add dillweed and parsley. In a large bowl beat eggs with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Lightly mix in vegetable mixture and cheese.
Unfold sheets of filo dough so they lie flat. Brush the pie plate with butter or spray with non stick coating. Line pan with 1-2 sheets and brush with melted butter and let filo dough overlap sides of pan. Repeat with all layers of dough.
Pour in spinach mixture , spreading it evenly. Bake at 350